Have you heard that health care is one of the fastest-growing industries in our economy, and has continued to hire people during this recession? Maybe you’ve been thinking about checking out careers in this field but don’t know where to begin.
Join us for the morning from 7:30a.m. – 12:30p.m. to hear about the occupations in demand, the career paths that lead to them, and the schools that offer these programs. Learn about Minnesota’s ISEEK Career Exploration web tool. Take advantage of the opportunity to talk with health care educators and professionals already working in these fields.
- 7:30a.m. – Doors open for registration and seating
- 8:15a.m. – 8:30a.m. – Welcome – Susan Speetzen, Health Care Industry Specialist for Department of Employment and Economic Development, plus an overview featuring the health care occupations most in demand.
- 8:30a.m. – 9:00a.m. – Keynote speakers – Marlo Dworsky & George Moore will talk about their experiences of changing from non-health care careers to becoming a Nurse and Physician Assistant.
- 9:00a.m. – 9:45a.m. Rachel Vilsack, Metro Region Labor Market Analyst, Department of Employment and Economic Development. Learn about Minnesota’s in-demand health care careers now and in the future. Resources provided will help you explore careers, educational programs, and how to connect with employers.
- 10:00a.m. – 10:45a.m. – Denise Felder, MnCareers Editor, ISEEK, Healthcare Career Exploration Demonstration of Occupations in Demand.
- 10:45a.m. – 11:00a.m. – Break
- 11:00a.m. – 12:30p.m. – Occupational Round Robins (every 15 minutes). Meet with individual health care professionals from different occupations and get your questions answered.
Registration Information: Register today, the event is FREE, seating is limited!
- Preferred registration deadline is Wednesday, September 22, 2010 or you may sign up at the event.
- WorkForce Center Members — Please register online at www.positivelymn.com/hennepinsouth. Click on “email us” (upper left) and specify: Register for Health Care event and include your name, address, phone number and email address. Assume you are registered unless you hear otherwise.
- Not a current WorkForce Center Member — Go to your closest WorkForce Center http://tiny.cc/wemqk and get a membership card first. Then follow the above steps.
- If you can’t get to a WorkForce Center, register by calling Normandale at 952-487-8343 or Register online at http://normandale.augusoft.net.
Parking and other details