This is a part-time position, 6-12 hours a week (1 or 2 afternoon/evenings a week), with limited student interaction.
- Commitment to mission of Park Avenue Youth & Family Services (PAY&FS) – building up and supporting youth and families in the Minneapolis community.
- Ability to speak and write in Spanish and develop Spanish lessons.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to working in an ethnically, racially and economically diverse community.
- Evident developed communication skills – both orally and written.
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills.
- Current teaching license, state of Minnesota.
- Self-motivated, ability to work effectively and efficiently with little supervision.
- Desired: 2+ years of experience teaching in elementary (K-8) setting, preferably in literacy.
- Develop and submit to the state the individualized learning plans in coordination with curriculum.
- Implement curriculum and activities according to standards.
- Create age appropriate lessons.
- Train and provide ongoing support to volunteer tutors in using curriculum.
- Ensure program meets SES standards.
- Assist with other projects, including development of volunteer tutor trainings and family involvement.
Reporting Responsibility: Reports to the Tutoring Coordinator.
To Apply: E-mail cover letter and CV/ resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reading tutors volunteers for Village Tutor program
- High need for Spanish speakers
- The time commitment is 2 hours per week, preferably for the entire school year
- We try to place you in a partnership with a particular student
- No experience necessary, training provided
- We work with students K-8.
To get more details about the job opening or volunteer opportunities, contact:
Rev. Paula Sanders
Park Avenue Youth & Family Services
3400 Park Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55407