Two things you need to know:
- “Self care” is not selfish, its necessary.
- Everyone practices some type of self care — not all of it is emotionally or physically healthy.
How to do self care right:
- Why Self Care is So Important (Life Hacker)
- Take Good Care of Yourself (Mental Health America)
- 45 Simple Self-Care Practices for a Healthy Mind, Body, and Soul (Tiny Buddha)
- The Importance of Self Care (TedTalk video playlist)
In your journal, reflect on these questions.
- What does this mean to you: “You can’t pour from an empty cup.”
- When you see someone you love feeling overwhelmed, what do you do to help them?
- When life gets stressful, what do you do to calm down?