Workforce equity advocate Denise Felder is an acclaimed presenter and workshop facilitator. DeniseMpls Career Services offers short “dollops” and multi-session professional learning activities that support individual and organizational efforts to increase equity, inclusion and antiracism in U.S. workplaces.
Email info @ DeniseMpls.org to discuss your needs for a keynote address, conference presentation, staff development workshop, or career services event.
DeniseMpls Career Services offers professional development materials and workshops for two distinct audiences:
- Career advising for teens and adults to discover and achieve their employment and personal potential.
- Staff/volunteer development and capacity building for practitioners who support and educate students and job seekers with barriers to employment success.
KEYNOTE + WORKSHOP OFFERINGS
All sessions are customized for each audience.
For Educators + Career Professionals:
- Career Development + the Working Poor
- Equity + Inclusion Development for Helping Professionals
- Flying Alongside Undiscovered Superheroes
- Jobs for ‘Those People:’ Inequities in Postsecondary Education and Career Attainment
- Supporting the Career and Life Plans of Teens from Marginalized Communities
- Using Your Powers for Good: How to Be an Equity Champion at Work
- Where’s the Good Stuff? Effective Use of Online Career Tools
For Students + Job Seekers:
- Building Your Professional Community (Networking)
- Discover Your #CareerID
- Know Yourself, Be Yourself & Express Yourself
- Paving Your Own Career Pathway
- Unwritten Rules of Workplace Culture
PREVIOUS PARTNERS + VENUES
- Adult Basic Education Summer Institute
- BestPrep’s Technology Integration Workshop
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Twin Cities
- Blake School faculty development
- CareerForce (formerly WorkForce) Center staff training
- Concordia University
- DEED and DHS Joint Counselor Training
- Genesys Works conference for high school students
- International Corrections Education Association
- Minneapolis Public Schools Early Education staff development
- Minnesota Career Development Association
- Minnesota PTA Parent Expo
- Minnesota School Counselors Conference
- MN Minority Education Partnership counselor trainings
- National Career Development Association
- National Career Pathways Network
- National Society of Hispanic MBAs
- TRiO Upward Bound Career & Service Week
- S. Dept. of Labor Native and American Indian Employment & Training
- Wisconsin Careers Conference
- Women Achieving New Directions workshops for single mothers
Contact info @ DeniseMpls.org or call 612-JOB-6132 (612.562.6132) to ask for workshop descriptions or discuss your professional learning or career development needs.