Yes, this is that Facebook activity that everyone in their grandma posted.
If you haven’t filled out yours yet, here are the rules rules: Write a list of 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 Facebook friends to be tagged (or you could kick it old school and e-mail it to 25 people).
25 Random Things About Me
1. I have a nickname, but I’m not telling you what it is.
2. The 9-11 tragedy made me want to do something important with my life. So I did.
3. Rumor has it I was named after one of my dad’s ex-girlfriends.
4. I’m black and I’m originally from Minnesota. Really.
5. I studied journalism because I wanted to be Lois Lane and date Superman.
6. Springtime makes me happy.
7. I went to Israel in high school and forgot my passport at home. They let me in the country anyway.
8. I’m a dog person whose lived with cats for the past 13 years.
9. I don’t believe in CPT – tardiness is choice not a cultural imperative.
10. The best hour of television ever produced is the Buffy the Vampire episode “Hush.”
11. Celebrated my 30th birthday by riding the Big Shot on top of the Stratosphere Hotel in Las Vegas.
12. I now have vertigo, thanks to riding the Big Shot on top of Stratosphere Hotel in Las Vegas.
13. I’m a sucker for a good Broadway musical. Actually, I’m a fan of bad musicals, too.
14. The first movie I remember seeing was “Strips.” That’s a fact, Jack!
15. I was editor of a business newspaper at age 23. (Thanks R.T.!)
16. I’ve saved every letter and card I’ve ever received – including notes passed in high school study hall.
17. Living in Los Angeles was either the worst or the most important 6 years of my life (so far).
18. I’ve only had one office in my professional life. Otherwise, it’s been all cubicles.
19. My first real concert was Ziggy Marley and the B-52s.
20. My second real concert was Jimmy Buffet.
21. I hung around a lot of white kids growing up.
22. I no longer hold grudges and I’ve learned to let go of the past.
23. I don’t allow myself to have cable because I’m addicted to television.
24. I’m a beer snob. I won’t drink it unless the name has umlauts.
25. I believe that as long as there is breath in you, there is hope.