The stuff you use every day affects your environment, your community, and your planet. The United States Environmental Protection Agency is sponsoring a video competition to raise awareness of the connection between the environment and the “stuff” people use, consume, recycle, and throw away.
The EPA needs your help in creating videos that will inspire community involvement, spread information and lead to action. Your passion, your creativity, and your ideas can make a difference. After all, it’s our stuff, our planet, our choice.
Contest Theme and Resources
Our theme for the video competition is “Individual Action in your Community.” We are looking for videos that reflect the theme and are based on one or more of these topics that are critical to managing our “stuff:”
- Reducing and Reusing
- Consumption and its effect on Environmental Footprint
- 1st prize – $2,500
- 2nd prize – $1,500
- 3rd prize – $1,000
- 2 Student Winners (13-18 years old) – $500 each
- Competition begins: December 16, 2009
- Last day to submit entries: February 16, 2010
- Winners announced: April 2010