[tweetmeme source=”your_twitter_name” http://wp.me/pxtTV-c3]
- Develop lists of traditional and non-traditional media contacts
- Monitor daily media and online social network posts for mentions of MPR|APM
- Help develop a MPR speakers’ bureau
- Maintain database of media mentions of MPR|APM
- Write press releases for regional events as needed
- Write short summaries of videos of in-studio performances as needed
- Write and research targeted pitches to niche blogs
- Understanding of media relations tactics and goals
- Strong research skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Knowledge of media coverage and skill to judge/rank coverage
- Analytical knowledge and ability to turn data into information
- Experience with Excel
- Experience with online social networking
- Interest in MPR|APM programming and mission
- Excellent team member
This is an unpaid position. Applicants must be able to earn school credit for the internship. Parking or bus pass reimbursed.
Position is 15 hours/week.
E-mail a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate position #506-11, Corporate Communications title.
Full Position Description
American Public Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. They encourage candidates with a diversity of life experiences to apply.