Deadline: June 24, 2011
The purpose of the Camille A. Thomas Scholarship (CATS) is to promote academic excellence by providing funding assistance to committed and highly motivated African American and Latino college students. The CATS provides funding to:
- First year college students who are graduates of Minneapolis Public Schools
- Students pursuing post-secondary educational opportunities abroad
- Students pursuing a form of health education at a college or university.
- African American or Latino/a senior currently attending a Minneapolis Public High School
- Have cumulative high school GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Will be enrolling for the first time at a U.S. accredited college or university as a full time, degree-seeking student in the fall of 2011.
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extra-curricular or other activities.
- Have completed and submitted all required materials by the deadline.
- Fill out application (last page of this PDF)
- Send application with essay, resume and two letters of reference
- Read more about the application process
- Deadline is June 24, 2011
Camille A. Thomas Scholarship 2011 Award: Minneapolis Public High School Seniors,