The holiday season is the perfect time to connect with former and current coworkers, family and friends. Happy hours, parties and receptions are also the perfect time to meet new people who could be part of your career journey.
Maybe your calendar is already filled with invitations to ugly sweater parties, formal holiday dinners, or potlucks. If not, here are a few other ideas for how to meet people to add to your network.
- Join Meet Up groups related to your career area or favorite hobby
- Find local job clubs and connect with other job seekers
- Attend or help organize alumni events for your high school or college
- Search Eventbrite for interesting speakers, reading, seminars and conferences
- Go to workshops and social events sponsored by professional associations in your career area
- Volunteer for events sponsored by your area chamber of commerce
- Explore job search workshops or cultural events at your neighborhood public library
Also from DeniseMpls:
One thought on “Ideas To Build Your Professional Community”
Comments are closed.