1. Companies still need to hire, even when it is 95 degrees outside. If you stop your job search, you could miss out on some great opportunities.
Read more in 8 Reasons Why Summer Is a Great Time to Job Hunt (Mashable)
2. Hiring picks up in the fall as the, “back to school, back to work,” mentality settles in. So increase your networking and send your resume to companies during the summer.
Read more in Summer = Smart Time to Job Search (J.T. O’Donnell, LinkedIn Pulse)
3. Though it is vacation season, your optimal networking and recruiter connections are not out of the office for three months.
Read more in 10 Tips to Keep Your Job Search Moving in the Summer Months (9 Lives for Women)
4. “Sometimes, summer’s quieter pace gives hiring managers a bit more ‘brain space,’ so they are more attentive to employment applications,” says Laura Berman Fortgang.
Read more in Sizzling Summer Job Search Tips (Monster)
Also from DeniseMpls:
- Find Free Job Search Help This Summer
- Free Online Summer Courses
- How to Start a Conversation: DON’T Talk About Weather