“Online Social Networking for Career Counselors, Clients & Students”
Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 6:00 – 7:30pm
University of Minnesota Law School Room 471
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org before September 15
Online social networking tools are an essential part of many job searches today. These tools can be extremely valuable for our clients as they look for job openings and conduct career exploration. LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter can also be great tools for Career Counselors in their Career Center, organization, or private practice. In this month’s MCDA RoundTable discussion, participants will share lessons learned and best practices regarding use of social media for practitioners and clients. We welcome your participation, whether you are an online newbie or seasoned tweeter.
Following are some resources for your review prior to the session. We hope to see you there.
- LinkedIn Learning Center (Also: http://learn.linkedin.com/job-seekers/)
- LinkedIn for Career Services
- LinkedIn social network keeps growing during recession, Susan Todd, The Star-Ledger, March 15, 2009.
- Social Networking Sites Help Job Search, radio story, Marketplace, American Public Media, February 16, 2009
- Survey: More Employers Use Facebook To Vet New Hires Than LinkedIn, Tameka Kee, paidContent.org, Aug 19, 2009
- 10 Privacy Settings Every Facebook User Should Know, Nick O’Neill, AllFacebook.com, February 2, 2009.
- Should Over 50 Job Hunters Join Facebook?, Elizabeth Garone, Wall Street Journal Career Journal, May 5, 2009.
- Leverage Twitter for Your Job Search, Miriam Salpeter, November 22, 2008
The purpose of the monthly roundtables, sponsored by the Minnesota Career Development Association is to make us better career development professionals through meaningful research, shared practice, and discussion. More about MCDA.
This is a free event. Please RSVP to email@example.com NLT September 15.