GiveMN.org is a new Web site designed to encourage Minnesotans to support causes they care about. It is a way to give online, with all of the fees paid for by the Web site, not the donor.
On Tuesday, Nov. 17th, GiveMN will track all the gifts, and match the donations (up to $500,000 total). If they exceed the match amount, then organizations will receive a match that represents the percentage of the gifts they received.
Following is a list of non-profit organizations on GiveMN that are affiliated with Park Avenue UMC or managed by Park Avenue members:
- Park Avenue Youth and Family Services — Our mission is to build up and support urban youth and families in the Minneapolis/St. Paul community. (Contact Tessa Trepp for more information: TessaTrepp@payfs.org)
- Banyan Foundation — Supporting the Banyan means you are contributing to the success of a community that yearns for it. Focus is on families in the Phillips community in South Minneapolis. (Contact Joni Essenberg for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Minnesota Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (MOFAS) — Imagine a world in which women do not drink alcohol during pregnancy, and people living with FASD are identified, supported, and valued. (Contact Sue Terwey for more information: email@example.com)
- Food for Hungry Minds — Creates upper-elementary schools for children in the world’s poor communities. Scholarships enable further education. (Contact Margie Koch for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Peace and Hope Partnership International — A volunteer-run, non-profit organization dedicated to proclaiming and working toward justice for the oppressed in order to bring wholeness to a broken world in the name of Jesus Christ. (contact Colleen Beebe for more information: email@example.com)
Visit www.GiveMN.org today to make the most of your giving for 2009!