The Institute for Responsible Citizenship is currently accepting applications for its 2010 summer leadership program in Washington, DC.
Note: There is a commitment of two (2) summers. Program provides high-level internships around Washington, DC.
Application Deadline: January 29, 2010
The Institute provides America’s best and brightest African-American male college students (sophomores) with unparalleled networking opportunities, leadership development, and life-long mentorship.
- Exposure to congressmen, Supreme Court justices, doctors, business executives,
educators, and other influential leaders
- Rigorous academic seminars
- Roundtable discussions, including seminars on leadership development
- High-level internships around Washington, DC
- Activities that promote strong bonds with each other
- The program runs from June 5 to July 31, 2010
- Students must commit to two summers
- Housing is paid for by the Institute
- Students work at paid internships based on their career interest
- College sophomores are eligible to apply
The Institute does not have a GPA requirement. However, the median GPA for recent classes is 3.65. An applicant’s GPA is not the only criterion that is evaluated during the admissions process. Campus involvement, awards earned, athletics, and volunteer work are also important factors.
Program application can be found at: www.i4rc.org/application.htm.
Applications must be received, not postmarked, by the deadline indicated on the application instructions (Jan. 29, 2010). READ INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.
Inquiries should be directed to email@example.com or (202) 659-2831.
This is an awesome opportunity. Please circulate to your networks.