Resources for Child Caring (RCC), is an organization whose mission is to raise the standard of care for children. We are searching for an English/Somali bilingual person to serve as a language link between ELL families, child care providers, community programs, organizations, parents and the Minnesota Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) agencies child care resource and referral programs and services.
- Respond to the needs of callers with effective interpretation of services and programs offered by CCR&R programs.
- Link services and resources of CCR&R agencies to providers and families of the Somali community, including parents interested in referrals, child care providers, and those creating family or center-based care.
- Track data on and evaluate the effectiveness of language access services.
- Publicize the availability of CCR&R language-specific services to the community.
- Minimally two years direct experience working with members of the Somali communities in a direct service role, OR one year of training in the areas of child development, early childhood family education, family support or human services or 2 years working in a related field.
- Strong verbal and written communication fluency in Somali and English.
- Ability to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Computer knowledge and experience, specifically using a database.
- Demonstrated experience in providing direct services to individuals in their native language.
- Ability to articulate complex information clearly and comfortably in both Somali and English.
- Review full position description
- Part-time, 20 hours per week
- RCC offers competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, pro-rated for part time.
- This position will be located in the Minneapolis office on Hennepin Avenue between Interstate 35W and Highway 280.