The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) is now accepting applications for people interested in AmeriCorps member service positions with Minnesota GreenCorps for the 2011-2012 program year.
Minnesota GreenCorps is an AmeriCorps program, coordinated by the MPCA, which places AmeriCorps members with organizations around the state to spend a year of service addressing environmental issues, while gaining experience and learning valuable job skills.
Please note, operation of the 2011-2012 program year is dependent on receiving funds. Confirmation of funds may not be available before the application deadline. More information on the program is available at: http://www.pca.state.mn.us/mngreencorps.
Applications Are Due By May 26, 2011
Up to 30 full-time Minnesota GreenCorps members may be placed with local governments and nonprofit organizations statewide as paid volunteers to serve on projects in the areas of:
- Energy Conservation
- Waste Prevention and Recycling
- Living Green
- Green Infrastructure
- Full-time Minnesota GreenCorps members serve about 40 hours a week. All service positions are for 11 months beginning in mid to late September 2011 through August 2012.
- During their volunteer service, members receive a living allowance, health insurance, and loan forbearance.
- Upon completing the program, participants receive an Education Award which can be used to pay off qualified student loans, or for further education.
- Applicants may select areas of the state they are willing to serve, and if selected will be placed either individually or in teams of two at host sites.
- Qualified candidates may be contacted for an interview in June or July 2011. Candidates will be selected for service starting in late July, until positions are filled.
- Applicants for five half-time positions are also invited in the same project areas for current University of Minnesota, Morris students only.
- Please look over the member eligibility requirements and qualifications listed on page 5 of the Application Guidance before applying.
- The member application and guidance document and other details are available at: http://www.pca.state.mn.us/tchy7a6
- Completed member applications, and a resume, can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of May 26, 2011.
- Host site applications are also available at this time, see webpage for details on the host application process.
- If you need an alternative format or any other reasonable accommodation for the application or interview process please contact the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency at email@example.com or call 651-757-2055 or 651-282-5332 TTY.
- All submissions are confidential. The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency and the Minnesota GreenCorps Program does not discriminate with regard to race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, or membership or activity in a local commission as defined by law.
- Operation of the 2011-2012 program year is dependent on receiving funds. Confirmation of funds may not be available before the application deadline.