The extreme heat might be fun, exciting, or inconvenient for you and your family. But hot weather can also be life threatening to some.
People most vulnerable to illness or death during this 100 degree days include:
- anyone 65 years old or over
- anyone living with chronic medical conditions
- people who are homeless
- outdoor workers
If you know anyone who fits one of these groups, check on them. Find out how they are staying cool and hydrated, Invite them to an air-conditioned destination.
• Extreme heat preparedness, includes a list of air-conditioned public buildings (City of Minneapolis)
• Map: U.S. heat warnings and precipitation (StarTribune)
Have fun this summer – and stay safe!
Also from DeniseMpls:
• How to Start a Conversation: DON’T Talk About Weather
• How Celebrations Can Boost Your Career
• 5 Ways to Help Your Job Search In a Snow Storm