As with any life event, my staycation provided both lessons and blessings.
What I Learned
- I need to pay more attention on the things I have in my life and less time complaining about what I don’t have. My time and energy is better spent maintaining or improving what I’ve got than daydreaming about what I wish I had. This is true about my house, my car, my health, my finances and my relationships.
- I can handle being outside in 88-degree heat. I can’t handle 95-degree heat. And it’s true that they say – the humidity will get you.
- There will always be better ways to spend my time than to do housecleaning.
- Now is always a good time for a spontaneous song (my 2-year-old nephew taught me that).
- Positive relationships with my family.
- Both of my parents are living and in good health.
- The wonderful piece of God’s glory that is Minnehaha Falls.
Gratitude for living in a city with an amazing parks system that honors its natural beauty.
- The exuberance of being with a toddler.
- The grace and wisdom of being with an elder.
What lessons and blessings did you gain this week?