The Wall Street Journal’s India edition (what?!) posted job interview tips for people over age 40. Much of the advice it gave is good for young job seekers as well.
- Highlight only those achievements that make you the best candidate for the job. Mention some achievements from the last year or two, or any fresh ideas that you helped carry out recently.
- Show that you are up-to-date with the latest developments in your industry by discussing the latest tools and techniques in the trade.
- If you have enough time, consider writing a professional blog, perhaps about your industry. These tools can help you build a better profile.
You can read the full article here: Career Journal: Interview Tips for the 40+ Crowd.
Related Info from DeniseMpls:
- Missed These Interview Moments?
- Interview Tips: Year-End Buffet
- First Rule of Personal Branding: Be Yourself
- Recruiters’ Secret Job Search Tips