In remembrance of the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001 I was going to write a blog post about how that horrific event changed my life. However, I’ve found that, 10 years later, I am still too grief stricken to delve deep into those memories.
While I did not personally know anyone who died at the World Trade Center Towers, the Pentagon, or on Flight 93, I am one of millions of Americans whose view of the world, our country, and our individual lives has changed forever.
I will reserve the details of how 9/11 inspired life-altering decisions for me for another blog post. Today, let’s just take a moment to remember those who lost their lives 10 years ago, and give thanks for the men and women who risked their lives responding to the destruction areas.
9/11 Memorials in the News:
- The New York Times: A Day That Stands Alone
- ABC News: 911 Anniversary: America Remembers
- Huffington Post: Remembering the Unthinkable
- CNN: 9/11 Ten Years Later
- The Telegraph (London): September 11 Attacks