Employers are interviewing and training new employees with your skills to work during the upcoming busy shopping season and possibly longer.
In addition to providing a paycheck, the benefits of a seasonal job include:
- Adding recent experience to your resume
- A chance to network and make new career contacts
- The opportunity to refresh or gain new skills
- Reminding yourself that you are a capable worker
Here is a short list of some of the U.S. companies currently hiring for the 2012 holiday season:
If you know of any other companies in the United States accepting applicants, please share their information in the comments section. An opportunity that is not right for you can help someone else.
A retail position might not fit your career goals; however, working in a customer service job can be a way into a company that has other positions that better suit you.
Even if you only want a short-term job, you can ask your manager for a letter of recommendation that you can use in your job search.
Whether a seasonal job matches your career identity or you just want the paycheck, working in temporary position can have lasting benefits to your career or job search.
Also from DeniseMpls:
- 4 Holiday Job Search Tips
- Recruiters’ Secret Job Search Tips
- 5 Holiday Networking Tips for Introverts
- Help With Tough Job Search Situations