You might have received this e-mail around New Years titled “Handbook for 2010.” Now that we are in the last quarter of the year, take a look at this list. How many positive chances did you make in 2010? Did you stick to your New Year’s Resolutions?
Remember, it’s never too late to start something new. And it’s not too early to think about what you want for 2011.
Intentions for the Year
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a beggar.
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants. Eat less food manufactured in plants.
- Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.
- Make time to pray.
- Play more games.
- Read more books than you did in 2009.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
- Sleep for 7 hours each night.
- Take a 10-30 minute walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
11. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don’t overdo. Keep your limits.
14. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner of his/her past mistakes. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away, like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least 3 people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful, or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, know that it will change.
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.
37. The best is yet to come.
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner Most is always happy. So, be happy.