We live in troubling times. The world is so confusing, scary and unpredictable that there’s a term for it: VUCA. But more about that later …
As a job seeker, you might be waiting for the economy and the job market to “get back to normal.” The truth is the “normal” we once knew is gone and is not coming back.
We are living — and working — in a VUCA world. Can you handle that?
Recently Careerealism.com posted 20 Inconvenient Career Truths. Here are some of the truths you might not want to hear but knowing them can improve your career and job search:
4. Work is not separate from the rest of your life.
7. Almost every job has a trade-off. You’ll probably never get everything you want in one place.
8. Achieving long-term career goals requires sustained effort and deliberate action. It’s no accident or coincidence.
15. If you find yourself job-hopping and nothing ever satisfies you for any period of time, it’s time to look at yourself. Most likely, you’re part of the problem.
19. Layoffs happen. You may get fired. You may be “forced out” for reasons beyond your control. You’ll survive. And you’ll be stronger for it.
Read all 20 Inconvenient Career Truths.
Also from DeniseMpls:
2 thoughts on “Can You Handle the Truth About Your Career?”
Comments are closed.