Google’s new social networking platform, Google Plus (Google+) already reached 10 million users in its first three weeks of existence. Of course, one month is about three years in Internet years.
Google+’s ability to add contacts to “circles” and share information in “streams” combines the best elements of Twitter and Facebook. But will Google+ take the throne from those two social networking giants? Only time will tell.
Once thing is certain: Using Google+ will help your job search.
- You can add networking contacts and prospective employers to your circles
- You can build relationships with people in your industry
- You can post articles and information relevant to your field of work in your stream
- You can ask questions about industry trends and get responses from colleagues and thought-leaders
- You can build your brand
Lots of career advisers and Internet gurus have posted tips for using Google+.
Look at their suggestions, ask your networking contact for an invitation to Google+, and add this powerful tool to your job search tool kit.
More about Google Plus:
- Google+ for Job Seekers (About.com)
- Your Google+ Guide: 15 Tips For Newbies (Huffington Post)
- How to use Google+ Tutorial (tbonepearson via YouTube)
- The Google+ Cheat Sheet (Mashable)
- Google+ Circles: What it Means for Your Personal Brand (Wet Feet)
- 7 GooglePlus Job Search Tips (AvidCareerist)
Related Info from DeniseMpls:
- NEW: DeniseMpls’ profile on Google Plus
- NEW: DeniseMpls’ Facebook page
- DeniseMpls on Twitter