1. Use a “combination” resume format that highlights your skills and your unique value, not just your past jobs.
- Resume formats for people with different levels of experience
- Sample resume formats on CareerOneStop
- Resume samples on Quint Careers
2. Add a “personal statement” to your resume (optional). It’s a one or two sentence summary of who you are professional and what you bring to the industry in which you want to work.
3. Make sure your resume highlights projects you worked on, especially those where you had leadership or creative roles. Your resume should not be a rehash of your job duties. It should highlight what you accomplished and how your work benefited your employers.
4. Add any volunteer positions, professional organization activities, community activities, or anything else that shows you skills development and dedication to your chosen industry.
>> Back to Your 4-Step Job Search Check Up
Also from DeniseMpls: